Memory specialist Kingston has been busy re-jigging its flash memory card lineup. The firm has decided to create the Canvas sub-brand of cards where products are more clearly defined by use case. In other Kingston news, the firm has just launched its new UV500 Family of SSDs in a variety of form factors and in capacities up to 1.92TB.
Kingston Canvas SD and MicroSD cards
Aimed at three particular market segments, Kingston has created the Canvas Select, Canvas Go, and Canvas React flash memory cards. Each range has characteristics to suit its particular target market, and as you can imagine are technically differentiated by their read/write speeds.
Kingston thinks that the Canvas Select, Go, and React ranges can help users and creators choose the best storage medium available for them. You will find a simple bullet point rundown of the Canvas Select, Go, and React properties below:
- Designed to be reliable, making it ideal for filming in HD and shooting hi-res photos on either point and shoot cameras or smartphones.
- Class 10 UHS-I speeds up to 80MB/s read.
- SD in capacities up to 128GB and microSD up to 256GB available now.
- For on-the-go shooters making it ideal for filming life’s adventures in 1080P or even 4K on DSLR, drone or action camera.
- Class 10 UHS-I U3 speeds up to 90MB/s read, 45MB/s write.
- SD in capacities up to 512GB and microSD up to 128GB.
- Designed to be as fast as you are, capturing 4K video or taking stunning burst-mode photos on DSLR, mirrorless camera, or smartphone.
- Class 10 UHS-I U3 speeds up to 100MB/s read, 80MB/s write.
- SD in capacities up to 256GB and microSD up to 128GB.
Whichever of the new card ranges you choose, Kingston provides a lifetime warranty, free technical support “and legendary Kingston reliability”.
Kingston UV500 Family of SSDs
Earlier this week Kingston launched its new UV500 Family of SSDs for consumers. Common characteristics of these drives are that they feature 3D NAND plus full-disk 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption, with support for TCG Opal 2.0 security management solutions. Kingston leverages the Marvell 88SS1074 controller which, combined with the new 3D NAND Flash, delivers read/write speeds of up to 520MB/s and 500MB/s.
Kingston has launched the UV500 series in 2.5-inch, M.2 2280, mSATA form factors. A wide range of capacities; 120GB, 240гигабайт, 480гигабайт, 960GB and 1920GB* are available. (*=2.5-inch only).
Check out the full UV500 Family tech specs above. Buyers receive a 5-year warranty and support.